How to use kinesiology to locate and fix your health problems.
Kinesiology is the term given to the study of muscles. So if you google ¨kinesiology¨ you will get two main types
- Structural, which is the description of what each muscles does.
- Healing, which is when you use muscle monitoring to improve your health.
Kinesiology ( for healing) uses the fact that a muscle can only handle one stress at a time.
Some of the things that stress us are physical (pushing on the arm), a memory (thought), chemical (including food) or an untrue statement.
Kinesiology exploits this fact by using the muscle monitoring technique (physically stressing the body) while making a statement. If the statement causes no stress (true) the muscle will lock (hold or will not move). If the statement is not true the muscle will unlock (not hold or move).
The above assumes we are using a muscle that is working correctly i.e. it is not permanently stuck in a locking or unlocking state regardless of if it is stressed of not. We find this out by physically stressing the muscle and assessing if it locks without any other stress (remembering that a muscle can only handle one stress at a time) Once we have a lock without any stress then we assess it with a known stress ( making an untrue statement or some thing else ). One way is by saying the statement ¨show me a lock ¨ and then do the muscle assessment then repeat the assessment by saying ¨show me an unlock¨. You should get a result which should be the muscle is locking (strong) when you use the statement of ¨show me a lock ¨and unlocking (weak) or at the very minimum significantly weaker when when you use the statement ¨show me an unlock¨. Another way to test that the body is communicating correctly. Make the statement ¨My name is ——– ¨ assess the muscle. (should lock) Make the statement ¨My name is Shed ¨ assess the muscle. (should unlock) If this does not happen go to Note 1 below.
Something to watch out for is if you notice some self talk while assessing the muscle or just before. If this occurs you will be assessing the self talk and not what you planned to assess. So you need to be aware of your thoughts. When this happens just say ¨clear¨ 5 times and reassess. Now you know what muscle monitoring is.
How do we use it?
- First at the top of the page write your goal using only positive words. ¨I want to be pain free¨ is not a positive goal.
If eating causes bloating. You would write ¨I digest my food effectively¨ as this statement takes into account. That you have no pain, no bloating, nutrition is absorbed etc.
- Then make a list of everything that you know which might be a factor in the bloating.
- Now make a statement ( Note 2 ) for each one and assess each statement. When you find a statement which unlocks the muscle ( is incorrect ). It is most likely part of the cause of your problem.
- Make up a list of statements which may help fix your problem. The statements that unlock your muscles will not fix your problem. The statements that lock the muscle will either be beneficial or will be neutral to fixing your problem.
Another example of ¨I am always tired¨. At the top of the page I write I am always tired. My goal is ¨to be alert and active¨. There are a lot of possible causes for this. So make a list.
- Do I have enough nutrients?
- Do I exercise enough for sufficient blood flow so that each organ and muscle receives the optimum amount of nutrition to to function at its optimum.
- Are my glands functioning correctly?
- Am I getting enough sleep?
Make a statement and assess it.
Now you know the problem. You can use kinesiology to find the solution. So as you probably noticed kinesiology is a tool used to find the correct question as well as the answer. Every problem is a mystery with many many parts to it.
re-assess your muscle for locking and unlocking
Note 2 How to make a statement.